Building Control Online Submissions
By creating an account, logging into this service or submitting a Building Control application, you confirm your understanding and agreement to the following Building Control privacy statement:
You must have cookies enabled to login to this site.
How we use your personal details within Building Control at Guildford Borough Council
To process a Building Control application, certain contact details are required to maintain necessary communication with you as we progress your application.
Therefore, customers may create a private login using the
"Building Control Online"
webpage to submit an online application.
Further information and alternative ways to make an application are available online via our "Building Control homepage".
Upon receiving your application, an administrative officer will review the content for validation purposes. Once accepted, your application and personal details will be saved into our back-office electronic records and a copy is also put on our hardcopy files for site inspection purposes.
A Building Control officer will then consider your application as part of the decision process and may conduct site visits to your project’s address as necessary.
• Your details WILL NOT be shown online but will be retained within Building Control’s back-office records
• Your information will be used solely for the purpose of assessing your project for compliance with Building Regulations 2010 (as amended) in line with our statutory duty.
• Applications are required to be held for 15 years, although for historic and health and safety reasons they are typically held in perpetuity.
• Your login credentials will be held in perpetuity to facilitate any future attempts to make an application. If you wish to delete your login account, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your personal information will be processed in line with Data Protection legislation. It will not be disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes, but may be lawfully shared with certain third parties (consultant structural engineers, electrical engineers, heat producing appliance engineers, consultant surveyors, fire engineers and statutory consultees) for the purposes of assessing compliance under the Building Regulations or to prevent and detect crime.
• Building Control will request the minimum personal information required to provide the service you have requested, or contact you in regards to the requested service.
If you believe the data we process on you is incorrect, you may request to see this information and, if necessary, have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the address below.
If you believe we are not processing your data lawfully, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
For further privacy information, please see the Guildford Borough Council’s
Other details are available on our website - "https://www.guildford.gov.uk/dataprotection" , or you contact the Information Rights Officer, Guildford Borough Council, Millmead, Guildford, GU2 4BB (email: email@example.com).