The Employment Committee is made of three councillors and is responsible for:
1. approving the Council’s human resources policies;
2. determining appointments, dismissals and other employment and disciplinary matters relating to senior officers;
3. approving or recommending any financial settlement with any senior officer in connection with the termination of his or her employment;
4. making recommendations in relation to the appointment, dismissal, employment and disciplinary matters relating to the Managing Director; and
5. making recommendations in relation to any financial settlement with the Managing Director in connection with the termination of his or her employment.
The Committee is chaired by the Leader of the Council and meets on an ad hoc basis.
Support officer: John Armstrong, Democratic Services Manager. Tel: 01483 444102. Email: email@example.com